Explore the lush palm oases of the Indian Canyons on this morning or afternoon 3-hour eco-tour from Palm Springs. Learn about the rich history and culture of the Cahuilla Indians as you ride a jeep their ancestral homelands with your knowledgeable guide ... More info ›
Explore the lush palm oases of the Indian Canyons on this morning or afternoon 3-hour eco-tour from Palm Springs. Learn about the rich history and culture of the Cahuilla Indians as you ride a jeep their ancestral homelands with your knowledgeable guide. Take an easy 1-mile guided walk up Andreas Canyon for captivating views and see a stunning palm oasis from the rim of Palm Canyon. Relax after your desert odyssey by shopping for local crafts at a tribal trading post.
This small-group tour is limited to seven people for a more relaxed, intimate experience.
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Indian Canyons, 38500 S Palm Canyon Dr, Palm Springs, Greater Palm Springs, CA 92264-9332
Climb aboard one of our Big Red Jeeps for a visit to the ancestral home of the Agua Caliente Band of Cahuilla Indians, where stunning rock formations and the contrasting greens of magnificent fan palms and more than 150 species of plants beckon travelers to these lush palm oases.
- Your professional guide will educate and entertain you with stories about the history, culture, lifestyle, and legends of the Cahuilla people.
- In Andreas Canyon, enjoy a guided 1-mile hike on a tranquil trail along the banks of Andreas Creek as your guide describes the ceremonies and legends of the Cahuilla people and explains how they used the desert’s plants for survival.
- View one of the largest natural palm oases in North America from the rim of Palm Canyon.
- Enjoy a short walk to a hidden water cave where the water flows most of the year.
- At the end of your adventure, relax, refresh, and shop for unique gifts and souvenirs at the Indian Trading Post which features Indian art and artifacts, books, jewelry, pottery, baskets, weavings, refreshments, and more.
Duration: 2 hours