You're tasting in the home of the vintner, overlooking the vineyard judged one of the top in California. This is a unique opportunity to get an intimate and personal wine-making lifestyle experience ... More info ›
You're tasting in the home of the vintner, overlooking the vineyard judged one of the top in California. This is a unique opportunity to get an intimate and personal wine-making lifestyle experience. You'll learn, be entertained and walk out elevated and enhanced.
We've lived in the Sebastopol Hills for 30 years, planting the first Pinot Noir vineyard in western Sebastopol. It's now considered one of the finest growing regions in the world. I'm a traveller and educator, lecturing at Sonoma State University and national conferences. We are warm, passionate and enliven to the enjoyment of our guests.
Halleck Vineyard earned #1 Pinot Noir in the US our first vintage. In 2019, we were judged #1 Pinot Noir in North America in the prestigious San Francisco Chronicle Wine Competition. Our Dry Gewurztraminer was judged Best White in the California State Fair, receiving 99 Points.
1. You'll be introduced Halleck Vineyard, its history in Sonoma County, the land and the vines.
2. We'll learn how to taste: why do we smell to begin? what does our tongue taste? what is the reason and benefit in pairing wine with food?
3. We enjoy 7-8 wines from the neighborhood, exploring their differences and nuances. And we'll explore different pairings, how each contribute to the experience.
4. We'll learn about wine in 8000 years of human history.
5. We'll build community through wine; we convert wine into good for our world.
6. You'll meet interesting people.